Friday, May 9, 2008

Casa Real is OPEN and it's a dooozieeee









So here's cool thing #2 - Casa Real is open. This huge (yes, it can seat 500) event space has gorgeous wrought iron, beautiful modern chandeliers, stonework galore yet isn't overdone. Reed and the gang at Beet's Catering in Pleasanton really know how to create a great event space!

First, I got a peek during the opening party, then again to help out Michelle with some corporate shots, and then again at Una Bella Sera, by Nicole Ha (amazing floral design) and Crystal of Amazae Special Events (that's the two of them looking gorgeous even though they'd been up for something like 30 hours straight!). Three times in one week! So when it came time for our first wedding there last Friday, it felt like home. I'll post shots from the wedding soon, but for now, check out both Casa Real and the work of Amazae & Nicole Ha.

Now, let's talk about lighting design (incredible - can you see the details on the wall of the tree branches?). Yeah, I know, I'm a photog, I'm supposed to love light. hee! Seriously, I've been a HUGE fan of making a space your own not just through floral design, but lights as well, and how it can make a regular room look just enchanting. Look at that aisle in the Amber Room! Wow. Kevin at Fantasy Sound and his crew were responsible for this amazing light show. I know, a DJ offering lighting and sound?!

Cool thing #3 - while I'm there talking with some incredibly talented wedding professionals and some of my 08 and 09 brides who came out to get ideas and meet vendors, there was a very familiar face. I couldn't place him at first until we were introduced - Andrew Hsu, a videographer. I about fell out! I knew that face because it's in one of my very favorite wedding shots from a few years back! Andrew introduced himself to me at his cousin Chiaty's wedding and, even though he's an amazingly talented videographer, we hadn't run into each other since. How "oohsmallworld" was that! You can see more about Andrew at his website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this event was awesome - mostly because i got reacquainted with you!

Unknown said...

Thank you for all of the amazing photos! Can't wait to work with you again. Cheers!