Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ohhhh, baby!

Meet Eva.



I had just gotten to know Alex & Nicole Barsuk over tea and talk about a bonding session. Seriously! We were there for maybe two hours just talking about his hopes in the photo biz (he's a relatively new pro, talented and very humble) and her hopes for the new baby they were about to have. Would her name be Eva? Gianna? They weren't sure and knew that they should wait to meet her before they named her.

Eva arrived just days afterwards, and I asked if I could be one of the first (besides Daddy of course) to get my camera on her. They were SO polite to say yes - new babies are just exhausting! But I remember how eternally grateful I was when my friend and pro Angela asked if she could take a family photo of us when Donovan was just a few weeks old, knowing that we working photogs just never seem to focus on our OWN families! I knew Alex was having a great time getting lots of shots of his two lovely ladies, but none of the three of them.

So I headed over right after the Sunday Pronovias show and couldn't wait to meet her. But she wasn't too thrilled that some chick was interrupting her dinner. Poor thing wailed and cried! Then I find out that poor Nicole just had her wisdom teeth out a few days before. Ouch! But they didn't want to reschedule and I'm so glad we didn't. And I'm thrilled we got a few sweet shots in our very brief session.

No comments: