Thursday, February 7, 2008

So, where do I start?


Here's the thing...I've got some amazing couples. So you're thinking, "oh sure, you tell that to alllll the brides" but really, my couples just are this amazing mix of fun, funny, beautiful, caring, amazing.
One of my favorite times of the day are the toasts, because then I
really get to hear more about the history of the couple as told by people who love them.
Let's take Myla and Bart for example. They were my first couple of 08, with the ceremony at the gorgeous Church of the Nativity and the reception in the warm rich wood ballroom of Sharon Heights Golf Club.
Both are quick to smile, kind hearted, quite devout, a bit reserved, but when they look at each other I see their eyes sparkle. Myla is a petite woman, an absolute stunner especially when she lets her smile take over.

Then her maid of honor starts to toast her and talks about when Myla went spelunking. As in cave exploring. As in crawling through mud and bad droppings and squeezing through insanely dark tunnels. My jaw dropped! Would I have ever guessed that beautiful, almost delicately built Myla had ever been near a cave? Nope!
And then
there's the best man, who tells everyone there that they had met working at an AIDS hospice in San Francisco. Again, a huge eye opener. I knew this couple had a loving, spiritual part of them. But cave diving and hospice work? I liked them a bunch before the toasts, but I felt that much closer to them once I heard what their friends had to say.
Myla and Bart, a huge congratulations. Your friends and family are very blessed indeed to have you in their lives. :D

Church: Church of the Nativity, Menlo Park
Reception: Sharon Heights Golf Club
Coordinator: Jean Marks

No comments: