Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Amanda Marries Zech!

What a way to ring in Spring. I fell in love with Amanda & Zech last winter, when I discovered that they were up for shooting in the cold winter rain for their engagement session. And talk about being crazy about each other. Wow!

So when the wedding day came, and I realized that their families were just as special and wonderful as they were, well, I covered the wedding more like Amanda's big sister and Zech's favorite aunt. I think there's even a shot that Kelvin got of the big hug Zech and I gave each other when he arrived at the
Palm Event Center!

Two of my favorite moments, and an extra one that I didn't see until I started doing the post production:


  1. The one I didn't see was Zech's face when he saw Amanda coming down the aisle. Yay Kelvin for catching that while I was with her and her dad as they came up the aisle!
  2. The ball and chain. A big tradition in Zech's family - he had to do a lap around the Palm Event Center (and that's not a small place!) with a bowling ball shackled to his leg. Yeowch.
  3. Tained Love. I'm lucky, I've gotten to hear them now twice in 6 months! I think the guitarist recognized me this time. If you haven't heard them, it will make you think twice about how vital good entertainment, be it DJ or band, is to a wedding reception. You could even ask Amanda's dad - the band was an extra special treat for the newlyweds! Yep, he's that awesome of a dad...
Kelvin and I really do have the best job in the world. And the best couples. I'd put my couples up against anyone, anyday! Down to earth, funny, sweet, and of course, gorgeous inside and out. Congrats you two!

No comments: