Friday, October 10, 2008

My Uberssance Man-Friend-DJ-Master of Ceremonies


I'm being all Colbert on y'all - Uberssance Man is a combination of Uber (when you've had as many philosophy classes in collage as I did, ya kind of absorb the word Uber into your very core) in the slang way of "extreme example of" and renaissance man, as in "skilled in many things". And my friend Ron is just that.

Oh sure, you go on his website, and he claims to be a DJ. Um, no, he's just reelin' you in. The man is exceptionally good at creating the party. Button monkey he ain't!

But here's the kicker. He also edits video - has a whole studio behind the house. And, get this, is a master of ceremonies in another way. He officates them!

I knew Ron was excellent as a DJ. But when he also acted as officiant for Wendy & Jordan a little while back at Nestldown, I was blown away. He was dramatic without being sappy, added touches of humor just where it needed it, and just like his receptions, drew in the audience so that they didn't feel like they were, well, an audience!

I'm a big believer in finding an officiant whom you can really count on to set the mood of the day. And Ron did just that.

Here are a few examples from the day! And yes, Ron did take a picture of the happy couple in the middle of the ceremony. Brilliant.



Wendy & Jordan at Nestldown
DJ and Officiant: Ron Grandia
Coordinator: Jondel Goldsmith

One of my faves of Wendy. I loved her - I felt like I was her big sister! She's a chef and I can't wait to see where her career takes her - she's considering wedding cake creations! You may be seeing more of Wendy in the future on this blog, only this time in a white chef's hat instead of a veil.

1 comment:

Tinygami said...

What a nice post! I'd heard about Ron's stint as an officiant.... Wish I could have been there to hear his ceremony. At least now I've seen the pictures. They look great!